BAR RE-OPENING – BIG SCREEN FOOTBALL
In line with Government guidelines, we are pleased to announce that The Holbrook Club will reopen its doors to members on Saturday 4th July. We are preparing for that now, and there are 3 key things you’ll need to know:
- There will be an online booking system. Admission will be by advance booking only
- There will be up to 3 sessions per day (aligned to the football matches being shown) and each session will be a separate booking
- We will be operating a waiter-service only (and will only be accepting card payments)
|DATE||FIXURE||ENTRY TIME||EXIT TIME|
|Saturday 4th July||Manchester United V Bournemouth AFC||14:30||17:00|
|Saturday 4th July||Wolverhampton Wanderers V Arsenal||17:20||19:30|
|Saturday 4th July||Chelsea V Watford||19:50||22:30|
|Sunday 5th July||Liverpool V Aston Villa||16:00||18:20|
|Sunday 5th July||Southampton V Manchester City||18:50||21:00|
|Monday 6th July||Tottenham Hotspur V Everton||17:30||22:00|
|Tuesday 7th July||Arsenal V Leicester City||20:05||22:15|
|Wednesday 8th July||Manchester City V Newcastle United||17:30||19:45|
|Wednesday 8th July||Brighton & Hove Albion V Liverpool||20:05||22:15|
|Thursday 9th July||Bournemouth AFC V Tottenham Hotspur||17:30||19:45|
|Thursday 9th July||Aston Villa V Manchester United||20:05||22:15|
|Saturday 11th July||Liverpool V Burnley||14:30||17:00|
|Saturday 11th July||Sheffield United V Chelsea||17:20||19:30|
|Saturday 11th July||Brighton & Hove Albion V Manchester City||19:50||22:30|
The Online Booking System (OBS):
- Will be used to control the number of people in the Club (& will enable us to collect name and email details for track and trace purposes). You will need your membership number to book a table.
- Entry to the Club will only be allowed if an advance booking has been made.
- Spaces will be limited (to about 60) and we are hoping to accommodate as many members as possible, so non-members will only be allowed if they are a guest of a member
- The OBS will allow groups of up to 5 people to book a table. At this time the Club will not be admitting children under the age of 18.
- Members will not be able to choose what specific table they want. Club staff will allocate a table, depending on group-size, and to ensure social distancing rules are adhered to.
- You will be given a table number when you arrive. Please do not attempt to change or physically move tables.
- Each session will last about 2.5hrs, and will cover one football match. A list of the matches being shown on the big screens, and timings, will be published on the booking system.
- Members will be allowed to book a maximum of 2 sessions on one day. If you book back to back sessions, please remain seated while the Club is being cleaned. The drinks waiter-service will resume after cleaning is complete.
- If members book a table, but don’t turn up, they will be prevented from booking further sessions. If you need to cancel a table that you have booked, please contact the Club Office on 01403 751150 or via email to email@example.com.
- Please do not approach the bar. Bar staff will only be pouring drinks for delivery to tables via the waiter service.
- The range of drinks available will be slightly smaller than normal.
- The kitchen will not be open, but bar-snacks (crisps and peanuts) will be available.
- We will not be accepting cash. Drinks and bar snacks can be purchased using your Club Membership card (if you have any credit) or by credit/debit card. We will not be allowing credit to be added to Membership Cards.
- Member discounted drinks prices will be available (please bring your membership card).
- The lounge bar will not be open, as it will be part of a new one-way system for ladies to return to the main bar from the toilets.
- Obviously, members and guests do not have to watch the football … you are welcome to use the field at the back of the Club, but the waiter service will only be in operation in the bar area, so please return to your allocated table to order drinks.
Whilst you are inside the Club, or queuing outside, please be alert to social distancing and follow Government guidance (there is a 43 page document available online, but here are some of the key points):
- There will be new markings on the floor to indicate 2M spacing where possible, and one-way systems where appropriate (e.g. exit from the ladies and men’s toilets will be via the changing rooms).
- Our staff will be wearing face masks and/or visors.
- The only smoking area will be at the rear of the Club, near the playing fields.
- Singing and chanting must be avoided.
- Please remain seated at your assigned table (except for trips to the toilet or visits to the playing field). It is important that members do not approach or sit down at a table they aren’t meant to be at. People who ignore this request may be asked to leave.
- At the end of each session, the bar will be emptied so the Club can be cleaned before the next session starts.
As we are not charging membership fees in July, any donations to our JustGiving Crowd Funding page will be gratefully received: https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/theholbrookclub
Thank you in advance for your support whilst we adjust to these new operating processes.