ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
This AGM Notice is issued to Members this 16th day of September 2021
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN THAT THE SEVENTEENTH ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING OF THE HOLBROOK CLUB (FIFTY SECOND OF THE CLUB) WILL BE HELD IN THE MAIN HALL AT THE CLUB ON THURSDAY 14TH OCTOBER AT 7.00PM
1. Apologies for absence
2. Approval of the Minutes of the last year’s A.G.M. held on 30th July 2019. (available from both the Club office and on our website https://www.theholbrookclub.co.uk/club-documents/)
3. Presentation and adoption of the 2019 Club Accounts (these will be available at the AGM)
4. Presentation and adoption of the 2020 Club Accounts (these will be available at the AGM)
5. Election to the Executive Committee of:
The Club Chairman
The Club Deputy Chairman
The Club Treasurer
Four Members’ Representatives
6. Appointment of Club Accountants
7. Questions from the floor of the A.G.M accepted by the Chairman will then be taken by the Executive Committee.
Further Information About Agenda Items 5 and 6
In accordance with Rule 9.1(a), the following Members retire from the Executive Committee:
Club Chairman – Mike McGilligan
Club Deputy Chairman – Shane Bussi
Club Treasurer – Ian Etherington
Members’ Representatives – Colin Christensen
The seven committee members listed above do offer themselves for re-election to the positions shown above.
Any nomination of any of the above (seven) positions on the Executive Committee should be submitted in writing to the Club Office for the attention of the Club Chairman – Mike McGilligan at least 14 days prior to the date of the AGM (by Thursday 30th September 2021) stating the nominee’s full name and Club Membership Number together with the post (or posts) being applied for. Nominees must be prepared to stand for the next 12 months.
A nomination must be counter-signed by at least six eligible voting Club Members and must also state their full names and Club membership numbers.
In addition, a nomination must be accompanied by a short (not more than 100 word) personal statement for presentation to Club Members in the event of a contested election.
Please note that nominations from the floor of the A.G.M will not be accepted unless insufficient nominations as detailed above have been received by the closing date.
Members of The Holbrook Club Executive Committee will:
1) become an unpaid Director of the company that runs The Holbrook Club, and will be required to adhere to the Articles of Association and The Holbrook Club Constitution.
2) be required to attend monthly meetings (generally on a Monday evening at 6pm)
3) be asked to contribute to ad hoc sub-committees and meeting
4) help shape the Club operation and strategy through discussion and decision making/voting
5) have access to sensitive and confidential information, and will be required to sign a non-disclosure agreement
6) ultimately be responsible for the health and safety of staff and members
7) be required to act in the best interests of The Club, even if this conflicts with your own personal views/interests
Kreston Reeves are the current Club Accountants. The Executive Committee seek approval from the general membership to re-appoint Kreston Reeves as Accountants for the 2021 financial year.
***PLEASE NOTE THE CHAIRMAN’S REPORT, 2019 ACCOUNTS AND 2020 ACCOUNTS WILL BE MADE AVAILABLE AT THE MEETING***